Sunday, April 20, 2014

JESSICA ALBA....... started it!


GOING FOR THE
 CHOP......
This too
Image via
Jessica Alba


No,I'm not sending my other half (VHM) for a surgical procedure! It's just that for a while now I have had it in my head to get my locks chopped a bit shorter. 

'The Lob' Aka..... Long bob, does hold a lot of appeal. Firstly it's low maintenance, I either straighten my naturally wavy hair, or tie it up, and secondly the condition through constant heat abuse, does mean that it's probably time to say goodbye to a few inches.
My (VHM visibly winces!)

I'm not that good at the whole beauty thing, I always admire girls who have whole afternoons to pamper and preen themselves, sadly I am not that type. I always leave it until my hair is almost at breaking point before getting to the salon, until I saw this picture of 
Jessica Alba's messy,wavy long bobbed hair?

The 'Lob' I thought, could be just edgy enough for me? I'd say it's on the warm side of cool.....If you get my drift? And, because my hair after washing does tend to resemble a troll on a good day, until I sort it out with lots of products and time (which of course I never have enough of.)  So, letting my hair air dry naturally and then just running an oil or serum through really, appeals.

Le Fashion Blog Haircut Inspiration The Perfect Wavy Bob Via Mister Anh Co Tran Front Texturized Beach Waves Highlights Balayage Bright Beauty Red Lipstick Destroyed Distressed Black Tee Tshirt Summer Haircut 2 photo Le-Fashion-Blog-Haircut-Inspiration-The-Perfect-Wavy-Bob-Via-Mister-Anh-Co-Tran-Front-2.jpg


I have recently found an amazing hairdresser who has done wonders for the color on my hair, a mixture of a balayage technique, and a few carefully placed high and low lights, means my naturally mousy locks, (color wise) look pretty good these days!

But it's the chop I need. So this Friday It's 'C' day, or possibly 'D'...... for disaster day if I don't like it! Although I have such great confidence in my fabulous hairdresser, that I am sure I will absolutely love it!




Fern Cotton


I am taking along a few pictures of the 'beautiful' people
 for inspiration. 
Tell me what do you think?


X X X













SHARE:

27 comments

  1. Love Jessica Alba - colour is fabulous too. I took a picture of her to my hairdressers too - not quite as good at getting the finished look, but I love the length! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! When they (hairdressers) do it, you can never quite recreate it at home! XX

      Delete
  2. Oh I know! When they (hairdressers) do it, you can never quite recreate it at home! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of Jessica and her hair looks amazing! Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do it!! It will look fab. Just don't get a fringe (bangs) That was my mistake last year and I've been paying for it ever since. The rest of my hair grows like a weed, but the fringe is taking forever to grow out. Never again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always the bit's that you want to grow that don't, and the rest as you say grows too fast! xx

      Delete
  5. If I could get my hair to grow fast that is a style I would love.I have had it so short for way too long now I don't think I'd have the patience to grow it again! Hope you enjoyed the weekend:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your hair always looks fab Anne! Hope you enjoyed your weekend too! xx

      Delete
  6. I just love Fearne's LOB, I chickened out of going the whole cut first time round so Im doing it in 2 stages instead. I am full of admiration for your courage, need some piccys afterwards :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Know I am being a bit too brave, but I do really trust my hairdresser, and let's face it it does always grow! xx

      Delete
  7. Hi my dear!! Oh I love this style very much I say go for it!! We will get to see you with your new hairstyle, I do hope so!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures, love this style. Yes I would like to follow each other. I am following you on both GFC and bloglovin. Hope you'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followers now Imogen....Thanks for your lovely comments! xx

      Delete
  9. I love the "lob" - I recently cut my hair and I wish I had gone shorter! So cute!

    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just always so scary to go for the big one, so understand how you just went for the halfway house....let you know how it went! xx

      Delete
  10. I am loving the lob right now as well, just itching for mine to grow out enough to fall into that category (and get rid of some of these pesky layers!). I have pretty stick straight hair (though now that I've bleached it platinum it has a lot more, ahem, texture) so for me to get Jessica Alba's look it would take quite a bit of effort, but I actually love the second photo even more for its simplicity. Still not something may hair would do straight out of bed, but so gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by and commenting,

    www.nomadicd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the mag's do bed hair, because for 99% of us, it just looks a disaster when we wake up! Layers always take forever to grow out, but sounds fun to be a platinum blonde!!??

      Delete
  11. Love this style - I just cut off my hair into a bob so I am dying to know what look you decided on! I was like you, I had let it grow out into an unintentional ombre, Lol and now I love having a fresh look for spring :)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hair....It's worse than cloth!! In fact if the hair isn't right no outfit will make you feel good! xx

      Delete
  12. I love this cut for so many reasons. You can totally rock a bed head.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this on Jessica Alba the most, it looks absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The certain hairstyle has been on my mind for a long time, but I seem to be hooked on long hair. I love Jessice's hair.

    You have a new follower here!
    I would be more than happy to welcome you to my blog as well.

    xoxo,
    Froso

    ReplyDelete
  15. short hair... why not?
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig