Friday, April 5, 2013

LOUIS VUITTON, MARC, BY MARC JACOBS, SPORTMAX. IT'S HIP TO BE SQUARE.......... get the look for less!

THE humble CHECK.........this season it's been reworked, and re-invented, plaid, tartan, checkerboard, dogtooth.

We  are all going square eyed over one of the most talked about looks of SS13......it's still minimal, but not quite as we know it.

It's checkmate time.

Do you dare to go square?




   Louis Vuitton : Spring/Summer 2013

The lines are simple and uncomplicated......... the look is still about the tailoring, but with a strong 60's inspired shape.

 Clean glamour New York style, meets Louis Vuitton's French heritage.

 A monochrome twist.



                             
 

                             


                            


                            

 Louis Vuitton SS13





A post modern look, that is so easy to wear.

 Architecturally inspired shapes with colour blocking.

                            


                             



                           

                           
                            


 Sportmax SS13



AND SO......I take you back, to the summer of 84.

Where more was more, and dressing up was an art form and just about anything went!

The big guns in the fashion world for me were three ladies and one lad, Wendy Dagworthy, Katherine Hamnett, Betty Jackson, and John Galliano.

Wendy Dagworthy amongst many other distinctive looks  gave us PYJAMAS for the street.

 Mixing stripes, swirling floral prints, batiks, checks  and flannels in a softly constructed but over sized proportion.

Full gathered skirts tied heavily at the waist, oversized coats, and wide cropped jackets  it was just pure fashion fun!

Wendy's mantra was YOU WEAR THE CLOTHES, THEY DONT WEAR YOU...........





                      

 Wendy Dagworthy Museum Piece 1982



IN THE ARCHIVE'S AT HOME.........

In my children's dressing up box there are still a couple of pieces of Wendy Dagworthy.

 One was a  liberty print skirt that I dug out recently to give it to a young fashion student friend.

She has hardly taken it off since!


      

Banarama picture via



This collection Marc by Marc Jacobs is strong reminder of those heady days of the 80's

  Marc by Marc Jacobs : Spring/Summer 2013


A riot of pretty colours.

Youthful, and reminicent (for those of you young enough to remember BANARAMA circa 1984!)

Lot's of ethnic layering, and graphic clashing checks and stripes.


                           


                           


                           

                        


                        


Marc by Marc Jacobs SS13


And for all of you lovely readers too young to remember..........

                                           
Banarama Video via


GET THE LOOK FOR LESS





      


:





I have literally just ordered this dress, so hoping it looks as good as it does in the pic's? (p.s. I will Let you know when it arrives!)


NIA Multi Strap Sandals
    




                    :



       Leather peep-toe ankle boots




Next week's food money may have to go on these little beauties..........I LIKE BEANS ON TOAST ANYWAY?



:




How cute is this dress?



:


A very easy piece, a perfect addition to your SS13 wardrobe.








:


This clashing print dress would definitely make you stand out in the crowd.....I LOVE IT!



 





Marissa Caged Midi Heels
















                    :

THESE are such cool pants......tone the look down with a denim/chambray shirt, or just a plain white loose TEE.

  Maison Scotch Trilby £30                                                 Maison summer trilby



Red Pattern (Red) Kelly Brook Red and White Gingham Prom Dress | 277284269 | New Look





Kelly Brook for New Look........if only we were guaranteed to look like her when wearing it!


Paisley print foulard


 Do like Marc by Marc Jacobs does and tie it loosely round the waist of dress!






Add a bit of retro glamour....don't forget the red lips too.









On my very first date I wore a red Rimmel lipstick.

 Ah, I remember it well, worrying what would happen if he tried to KISS me.......!



         





























JUST throw on the jacket, and get some.........

                                       



                         

                                                              X X X
   




P.S.   A date penned in my diary for this summer is:



                                                          Victoria and Albert Museum Logo

Club to Catwalk: London Fashion in the 1980s, 10 July 2013 - 16 February 2014.

 

         

               Wendy Dagworthy OBE





SHARE:

53 comments

  1. I love this post, really tempted by that monochrome asos dress!
    www.buttonsandlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie, as soon as it arrives, and it's past the mirror test...i will let you know! It does look good in the photo but you can never quite tell can you till you see it in the flesh! xx

      Delete
  2. love your picks!
    following you:)
    thanks for stopping by my blog:)

    aga
    http://shadesofvoguish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou, I love your blog too...following you now! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the selections you have made. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to have your feedback thankyou! x

      Delete
  4. Hey! Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog :)

    Id love to follow each other! :)
    Following you now on GFC, hope you will too and feel free to check out all my social media on my blog ;)

    xxx

    http://www.fashionnarcissism.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alicia, thankyou so much keep in touch!! x

      Delete
  5. Hi derr!
    I love your blog!!
    I'm your new follower via gfc.
    You are welcome follow me back :-)
    Kisses Vered
    http://www.veredstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello....thankyou so much, I am following you now! xx

      Delete
  6. It's good to have new fans... am following you back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!! We really liked your blog! We’re now following you via gfc :)

    Hope you visit us and follow back if you like! Style by Three Blog
    Facebook
    Win an amazing bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a fab blog...really interesting concept....following you guys too! xx

      Delete
  8. Hey! Yes i have GFC (on the bottom of my blog) and Bloglovin and all the other media :) hope you find them all! Xxxx

    www.fashionnarcissism.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I have done it! Great! Keep in touch xx

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous choices, but for me the most gorgeous of all is the peep toe shoe boot from Mango. Want!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I know I love that shoe, definately looks so expensive (well I suppose it is quite expensive!!)I hope it arrives at my door sometime soon! xx

      Delete
  10. Nice post!


    Of course we can follow each other..follow me, I will follow you back instantly :)
    xoxo
    Ankita
    Makeup, Style and Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to have you following me...i am following you too!! xx

      Delete
  11. Amazing post!! Thank you so much for your comment!! I'm your newest follower!

    xoxo
    Thania

    thaniashandmadejewelry.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your look for less inspirations. Thanks for sharing <3

    xx

    glamdevils

    ReplyDelete
  13. perfect style and good sense!
    definitely i stay here, hope youll follow back <3

    www.malesclutch.blogspot.com
    Sergio,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sergio, fabulous pictures, very creative. I am following you now! xx

      Delete
  14. I'm all for prints and I like the checkered one too, especially those skirts from Louis Vuitton!! I think it would look perfect with those Mango peep toe ankle boots.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the LV prints are amazing, so exciting!xx

      Delete
  15. Amazing post! I am really loving all the research you done! Actually I am totally into the yellow and white check board from Louis Vuitton that is more playful than a simple black and white.

    xoxo

    Julia from aboyeur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice to hear, I love doing it! p.s. Your blog is very beautiful and inspirational too! xx

      Delete
  16. I'm so in love with all the square and geometrical texture!!

    http://wabiii.blogspot.it/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such big news this season....certainly gets a girl noticed! xx

      Delete
  17. Hi there-some really fabulous picks here, loving the Whistles dress and also the ones from ASOS too! Hope you're having a good weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, yes the Whistles one would be a good little addition to any wardrobe. Asos always comes up trumps with the goods!...hope you had a good weekend too! xx

      Delete
  18. Hmmm, not sure if I like that checked LV pieces.. don't mind my checked bag but on my body... not sure ;) But MJ's stuff are fabulous, aren't they? Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...but it does make great for a spectacular catwalk show! Keep in touch XX

      Delete
  19. ciao! complimenti per il blog e grazie di essere passata! certo che ti seguo!!! spero mi seguirai anche tu :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving those black/white combos and LOVE that you put more affordable pieces in at the end. Great post, Ax

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don't worry I know all the words to Cruel Summer! I love the LV campaign, not sure I would ever wear it even if I could afford it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just such a great collection to see, but I agree wearing it to the supermarket.....prob not quite the look!!
      Ha....love you know the words too!! bless xx

      Delete
  22. Thanks for visiting my blog. I follow You!

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice post !
    do you want to follow each other ?
    let me know : http://nicoraulea.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very Gret selection!
    Love all ASos dresses!
    Wanna follow each other on gfc and bloglovin? Let me know!
    Kisses, Gabi
    http://velvetavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabi, you have a lovely blog, and yes i am following you now! xx

      Delete
  25. Darling thank you so much for your comment, you are just too sweetie :)
    I really like this post, its so fresh and fabulous!!
    Love the photos you choose, i really like the louis vuiton collection!!
    Come to comment my new post, i heartily appreciate it; http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....you do have very beautiful photograph's! I am so pleased you liked my post's too....keep in touch xx

      Delete
  26. You are beautiful and sexy! Gorg pictures! <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice post! u have post good images of louis vuitton in this blog.
    http://www.iranpadang.com/louis-vuitton-outlet/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig