Sunday, November 16, 2014

TREND SPY.......LOW LUXE.





AW14

TREND



          Normcore aka 'Perfectly Boring'........
Hermes A/W14

Jil Sander A/W14

Joseph A/W14

------------------------
Call it what you will, this palate cleansing anti fashion has become a big trend. It's about standing out by just fitting in.

Confusing....Not really?

 It's stripped back, simpler the better muted shades, plus the classic's, grey, navy and black.The softest of knits, and beautiful basics that work for you all day, every day.

Some might say it's boring and bland, or just a new name for minimalism?

 But low key luxury is wearable, investment dressing, that I would rather hand over my credit card for, than a short lived trend, 
that has often died before it hit's the stores.




HIGH STREET'S


'Perfectly plain'......


:

NAVY MOHAIR AND WOOL MIX COCOON COAT £180

WOMEN Cashmere Blend Fine Gauge Tunic


FINE GUAGE GREY CASMERE BLEND SWEATER WAS £29 NOW £19.90
UNIQLO 



GREY BORG SKATER SHOES £24
NEXT

:

BLACK PURE WOOL DOUBLE BREASTED LONG LINE COAT
 WAS £292 NOW £146
GANNI

A black coat will always be a wardrobe staple, I have a similar one from Cos that I wear non stop in the winter.

Image 5 of OVERSIZE SWEATER from Zara


Image 7 of OVERSIZE SWEATER from Zara

OVERSIZE SOFT KNIT SWEATER £35.99
ZARA

:

SUEDE MANTRA LACE UP SHOE 
WAS £45 NOW £22
ASOS

:

OVERSIZED COAT £95
 :

LONGLINE PALE GREY CARDIGAN WITH CASHMERE £55


BLACK SNEAKER £29.95 
NELLY

:

GREY TIE COAT £75
VERA MODA

Turtle neck sweater

BLACK TURTLE NECK SWEATER 
WAS £9.99 ON PROMOTION WITH 30% OFF NOW £6.99
MANGO

A great wardrobe basic that you can wear with everything from leather pants and jeans to a pencil skirt, 
and such amazing value too!


SILVER SNEAKER  £24.99
NEW LOOK



---------------------------------





NET-A-DRESSERS


Style


STEAL




And possibly the best Xmas present......

Banjo & Matilda 

CASHMERE JUMPSUIT £480
BANJO AND MATILDA




GREY 100% CASHMERE JUMPSUIT £150
WAREHOUSE




-----------------------



Just keeping it simple.....

Possibly the best advise of your life!

X X X




SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Keeping it simple is great advice indeed! Love these classic looks that don't ever date. Fabulous style steal too, the Warehouse cashmere jumpsuit looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to find it in my stocking this xmas! xx

      Delete
  2. Love this look and the neutral colour palette. I wouldn't mind those grey skaters and the uniqlo jumper has been on my list, I really should just go and buy it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would both be really good essentials.....Yes go for it, especially the sweater its a steal! xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh yes simple, classic & chic whats not to love?! I absolutely love that Joseph coat Helen, just gorgeous.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Joseph, and wouldnt say no to any of the collection! xx

      Delete
  4. Love it all especially the Zara oversized white knit. Quite tempted x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that too...such a wearable piece! Helen xx

      Delete
  5. I really love the minimalist look and it's probably closer to my everyday attire - such chic picks, especially that gorgeous navy coat and grey skater shoes!

    Tracy
    www.TarcysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many gorgeous looks - it's hard to choose. Although I'm very taken by the loose fitting turtle neck from Mango (and soooo cheap??) I'll be in London this weekend and am definitely planning a trip to Uniqlo. I think it's time I invested in a few of those sweaters that so many bloggers have been raving about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is completely up my street Helen - I seem to be getting more and more 'simpler' as I get older! I can't cope with fussy bits especially when I have my heavy black specs on! Loving that Mango jumper - what a bargain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So inspiring looks and pieces

    Kiss kiss.*Jo
    http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very chic!!!
    Have a nice day!!!.)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice picks !
    I usually admire all these fall/winter weather clothes and sometimes pick a piece or two.
    We don't have winter where i live, so i save them for when I travel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, do you know you are my new IFB (independent fashion bloggers) online friend? Okay, to send you a message about your lovely blog. First off, I absolutely love it, you are so concise and extremely explanatory about the way fashion can stand out or become muted! I really respect the review and the precise constructive criticism!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dear and thank you very much for your friendship on IFB. I’m very happy!!! Congratulations for this post and for your proposal. Have a nice day, kisses,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/eniwherefashion

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig