Thursday, July 23, 2015

SAVE THE SUMMER GLOW




 In terms of summer make up I tend to wear a lot less when the warmer weather kicks in. I'm a big advocate of keeping my face out of the sun, but I really love a healthy sun kissed glow. These days it's so easy to achieve that perfect shade of golden without a ray of sun in sight, and with a myriad of products on the market, here are a pick of my personal bunch of favourites.


FACIAL SELF TANNERS.

I've tried a lot, and without doubt the one that comes out tops for me is Chanel Soleil Identite. It is expensive, but you only need a dot, and like a lot of other facial tanners it doesn't cling to imperfections, dry your skin out or go into your pores. 


SOLEIL IDENTITE 
CHANEL £30

Less expensive, but still gives a natural even looking light glow, is the Clarins Eau-Lactee Auto-Bronzante self tanning milk. Specially formulated for the face and decollete, so it's a very light, and also has the gorgeous Clarins skincare fragrance. Plus you get a whopping 125mls which will last you the whole summer.


EAU LACTEE AUTO-BRONZANTE
 CLARINS. £20


TINTED MOISTURIZERS.

Foundation in the summer really doesn't work for me, but I'm a big fan of tinted moisturisers. The one I can't without, and have used for years is by Laura Mercier, it has an SPF of 20, and put simply it is the best.


TINTED MOISTURIZER 

Bobbi Brown always does natural so well. Her Tinted Moisturising Balm with an SPF of 25 has the lightest coverage I have ever found. It feels like it's doing your skin good, smells divine, and is perfect for my dehydrated summer skin.  

TINTED MOISTURIZING BALM
 BOBBI BROWN £36.50


ILLUMINATORS AND BRONZERS.

When I haven't had enough sleep, and my skin looks a little under par, I always reach for Nars illuminator in orgasm. It's a cult favourite for all the right reasons, and a little goes a long way. I've tried using something less expensive, but it's not nearly as good.....Any suggestions welcome?


ORGASM ILLUMINATOR £23 NARS


This product was a new discovery for me this year, after reading so many amazing reviews. It's unlike traditional bronzers, (which can make you look as if you have fallen in a glitter pot) it's virtually undetectable on your skin, and does exactly what Hourglass say......'Radiant light is a sun-kissed golden beige powder that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and extends a summer glow'. I gulped when I handed over my credit card to the girl in Liberty's for this one, but now I'm converted.



AMBIENT LIGHTING POWDER IN RADIANT LIGHT £38


In summer when I don't wear much make up, but want to 
look half decent, a swoosh of bronzer really helps. Without doubt,
 Bobbi Browns are hard to beat.


BRONZING POWDER £28.50 BOBBI BROWN


SHIMMERING OIL.

I have used this Nuxe dry oil since I can't remember, and I dare you not to love it too?....The fragrance is pure South of France in a bottle. Lot's of alternatives on the market, but for me there is nothing like this gorgeous golden original. It's a true summer multi tasker, I mix a little in with my tinted moisturizer when I want to up the glam, and you can even use it on your hair as well!



HUILE PRODIGIEUSE FROM £17
 NUXE




 Finally one of my favourite discoveries over the past year has been beauty guru industry insider Caroline Hirons amazingly informative skincare blog. In fact I would go so far as to say, it has completely revolutionised my skincare regime (sounds like another post coming up?) If I'm honest when I first started reading her advice I was a bit of a cynic, but even after a few basic changes (i.e. bin the make-up wipes and double cleanse properly) my skin has really changed, and looks glowy and looks fresh again, even when I'm knackered! If you haven't found 'Queen Caroline' yet, waste no time, apart from her wealth of knowledge she is also hugely entertaining on her You Tube channel. It will change the way you think about looking after your skin forever.....I promise!



SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Gosh, loads of products I've never tried before. This is so helpful. I'm a bit boring and do my usual foundation (even if I have a slight tan, I don't change the colour) and then use bronzer. Very tempted to try a couple of these. Decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've only recently discovered a couple of these myself, I don't know about you but I have made so many expensive mistakes over the years, and ditto, if I find something that works for me I stick to it! xx

      Delete
  2. Very tempted by the Bobbi Brown bronzer. Enjoyed reading
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Laurie, save up and treat yourself I use the shade natural, and it really does look good, no sparkly bits at all!...My last one nearly lasted nearly 2 years, which probably isn't great for BB's business, but fab for us!! xx

      Delete
  3. I wear a lot less product in the Summertime too Helen! I also recently have become a disciple of Caroline Hirons cleansing regime and have noticed my skin has improved! I've never been much of a product junkie but times are a changing....thanks for the inspo! I'm going to treat myself to the Clarin's self tanner as I'm after a natural glow xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she fab? I often take all this skincare stuff with a pinch of salt, but everything that she has recommended that I have bought so far has been really good! I think the older I'm getting I think one last chance saloon!! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm a huge fan of the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser and the Nuxe products. I have just discovered NIOD photography Fluid, a truly amazing product I cannot recommend it enough, evens skin tone and gives skin the most amazing glow.
    Sue xx
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am super pale, so I always appreciate summer glow products! For me, the Bobbi Brown bronzers work really well and love a nice tinted moisturizer, I'll have to check out the BB moisturizing balm, never tried that one!

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig