Saturday, March 26, 2016

STYLE HACK | FRINGE JEANS (DIY)



AndyHeart.jpg
Image via: Andy Heart

The truth is, just as you think you have all jean shapes covered, a new kid comes on the block..... 

Image via: Honestly WTF


Whilst I'm all in favour of of a rotational capsule wardrobe, sometimes flipping the style coin throws something fresh into the equation.

For the denim obsessed (basically my uniform), the new season is awash with patched, frayed and fringed jeans, and I don't mind admitting that I've been mentally tormenting myself over these 3 x 1 crop fringe jeans. But at over £200, I'm in no doubt that this is not strictly an investment buy.

All that said, cue a rainy afternoon, old jeans, scissors, a stitch unpicker, and Erica from Honestly WTF tutorial post, and I'm now feeling seriously smug, that I have delicately hacked my hems into almost Instagram worthy denim threads.

Pairing these blue fringed beauties with the essential pieces of kit....
a billowy white shirt, slouchily tucked in, or an oversized knotted tee, will seal this DIY deal.




SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I love the way fringed jeans look. These here are sooo chic!

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are pretty cool, and when you can do it for free you love them even more!xx

      Delete
  2. Definitely a trend to try as a DIY project. I can't wait to see how yours look Helen.
    Happy Easter & enjoy the Bank Holiday.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jane I love them, but in this case maybe designer isn't best?
      Helen xx

      Delete
  3. so cute look ; -))


    i invite to me too


    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...will pop on over to take a look xx

      Delete
  4. Ooh, lovely! Just cut off a pair of (£1 charity shopped) turn up jeans that had too much turn up, they would've been ideal for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Can you search out another pair and have a go? especially if you can get them for a £1!...If they turn out to be a disaster then it's not the end of the world...I say try it anyway!
      Helen xx

      Delete
  5. I keep hacking away at the hems of my jeans....it's such an easy way to update your wardrobe with a trend you may not really want to splash out on! Can't wait to see the finished product! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Michelle...And it's so much fun creating them too!
      Helen xx

      Delete
  6. Ooooh do a show and tell Helen. Love to see them x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea with fringed jeans ;)

    http://butterfly9999.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig