Sunday, April 30, 2017

THINK IN PINK















CHLOE SS17



HERMES SS17
All images via


--------------------


I've always had a love hate relationship with anything pink.

Mr N-A-D circa 2007 bought me a watch for Christmas with a pink face - call me ungrateful, I couldn't hide my disappointment.

 I rarely dressed my beautiful blonde baby girl in pink, favoring instead fresh blue and white, it seemed more appropriate for a newborn, and besides we looked really good together??

 Rogue pink flowers that dare to show their bright faces in the garden, get obsessively removed from my carefully orchestrated white, silver and blue borders.

BUT, It's Confashion time......

I used to have a strong aversion to pink, actually let me rephrase this - I used to HATE pink. Yet, I'm nothing if not contrary, and BTW I did just say, 'used to'!

{according to science love and hate are intimately linked, as the same brain chemicals are used in both extremes}

SO, that might explain my unexpected self proclaimed love of PINK, or it could be that suddenly this most girly of shades packs a powerful punch in my expiry date free monochrome and denim wardrobe.

Granted it's the lighter, shearer softer shades of pink that mostly appeal to my aesthetic, and typically work with summer's whites, blacks and greys.

Fast track to 2017 - would I have predicted this change of course? Probably not.

 I still can't do a syrupy sweet silhouette. But right now I'm navigating a blush hour, those perfect shades of pink that open many a wardrobe door.......



CROPPED SWEATER WITH RIBBON DETAILS

CROPPED SWEATER WITH RIBBON DETAILS
NUDE PINK SWEATER £17.99 
ZARA
COTTON MIDI SKIRT £15.99 





Garrett Leight - Pink Wilson Sun Shield Sunglasses


           

SUNGLASSES £420
PINK VELVET MULES £19.99
BELL SLEEVE TRENCH COAT
BELL SLEEVE TRENCH COAT £69.99



RETOUCHING FACE PENCIL - ILLUMINATE £22





Acne Studios - Pink Mustang Sunglasses




PINK MUSTANG SUNGLASSES £240





ALLOY SCENTED DIFFUSER £75
TOM DIXON
STUDIO DRESS WITH CONTRASTING RIBBONS
NUDE PINK DRESS £99.99
ZARA STUDIO
Leather mules - Vintage pink - Ladies | H&M GB
VINTAGE PINK LEATHER MULES £39.99
 H&M



HADLEE CONVERTIBLE ORGANIC BRA £54 BRIEFS £38
SKIN 

ALLOY SCENTED CANDLE £65
TOM DIXON

Mules - Powder pink - Ladies | H&M GB 1
POWDER PINK SATIN MULES £34.99
H&M

NAIL POLISH - FADED £15
RGB COSMETICS

Jil Sander - Pink Xiao Tote


PINK XIAO TOTE £595
JIL SANDER
SILK PLATFORM ESPADRILLES
SILK PLATFORM ESPADRILLES £39.99
ZARA


BODY WASH - GINGER FLOWER £22
SACHAJUAN
OFF-THE-SHOULDER POPLIN DRESS
COTTON POPLIN MIDI DRESS £39.99
ZARA






Acne Studios - Beige Library Metal Sunglasses




LIBRARY METAL SUNGLASSES £260
ACNE STUDIOS
FAUX FUR SLIDERS £19.99



NAIL POLISH - BUFF £15
RGB COSMETICS
CORSET TOP
NUDE PINK CORSET TOP £25.99
ZARA


SIENNA PINK DUNGAREES £550

PERKS AND MINI

HAMPTONS LACE-UP ESPADRILLES £80
MANEBI




 PINK AVALON DOUBLE COAT £950
ACNE STUDIOS




NAIL POLISH - BEACH £15
RGB COSMETICS
OVERSIZED T-SHIRT

OVERSIZED T-SHIRT
OVERSIZED T-SHIRT £9.99
ZARA

SCENTED CANDLE - ROYALTY £80
TOM DIXON
GUIPURE LACE DRESS
NUDE PINK GUIPURE LACE DRESS £39.99
ZARA
Leather shopper bag | MANGO
PASTEL PINK LEATHER TOTE £49.99
MANGO
PINK PLATFORM SNEAKERS £16.99
STUDIO SHIRT DRESS WITH WAVY TRIM
NUDE PINK SHIRT DRESS £89.99
ZARA STUDIO



Acne Studios - Pink Frame Metal Sunglasses




PINK FRAME METAL SUNGLASSES £250
ACNE STUDIOS


LIP PRIMER £20
MAKE BEAUTY
Braided leather shoes | MANGO

Braided leather shoes | MANGO
BRAIDED LEATHER SHOES £39.99
MANGO
Oversize wool coat | MANGO
LIGHT PINK OVERSIZE COAT £159.99
MANGO


NAIL POLISH - BARE £15
RGB COSMETICS
Ballet shoes - Powder pink - Ladies | H&M GB
POWDER PINK BALLET PUMPS £69.99
H&M

--------------------



Who knew Mr N-A-D, you may have been right all along?

I eat my circa 2007 sartorial words.....



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Love this, thank you. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up very anti-pink (my mom would dress me in it constantly - hated it so much!), but now have embraced it. I love this soft pink - it has a lot of brown in it, which makes it easier to take than a cotton-candy pink or bright pink. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila, glad I'm not the only one who used to be like that?!! And thank you so much for your lovely comment! Xx

      Delete
  3. i love this soft pink.i really like your dresses.A perfect combination of precision and delicacy.If you want more beautiful then you should have a look in new pakistani fashion trend Ayesha.b

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig