Thursday, March 7, 2013

WHY DO I ALWAYS RUN OUT OF TIME?...... And finding the perfect white tee!



                        



In an ideal world I would be dressed and primed fed and watered and out the door in ample time to stop off for a leisurely coffee (free every morning to My Waitrose card holders by the way), maybe a pain au raisin, browse the papers etc, before serenely gliding into work calm collected and ready to take on the day.

No, no, no. It just doesn't happen. Why?

I think my panic button doesn't kick in till the last half an hour before I'm due out the door.

 It's not that I don't get up early enough, my horrible Nokia "Destiny" ringtone drags me into the real world pretty early.
But from then on and for the next couple of hours I go at a snails pace, only firing into action when Lorraine Kelly switches from one sofa to another, and the countdown of about 45mins to empty dishwasher, clean the loo, put out rubbish, return my Mums call, pay gas bill, starts..........PLUS I have to make myself look pretty damn respectable too!!

It seems as if I have never learn't the measure of time. So where did it all go wrong?  Both my parents were admirable timekeepers. I was always the first at school, my folks were first one's there for parents evening, and any dentists/doctors appointments meant at least an arrival half an hour before due time, plus statutory wait from said doctor or dentist of another half an hour. And the annual excitement of our holiday abroad was always marred by the hours of a long wait. We would arrive at the airport not two or four hours ahead of time but often half a day!  My Dad used to say he liked to get there in plenty of time plus, he could watch all the planes take off and land. Imagine what that felt like to a ten year old who just wanted to get her ice cream and jump into the pool (maybe not do both at the same time though)!

So I guess my parents good timekeeping has gone against the grain with me.........SHAME!
         
 


SO here are my top tips for a 45mins EXPLOSION of how to get out the door looking somewhat groomed...........!


 

                                                      


THE MULTI TASKER.

 Cleanse me 4 in 1wash,  is a gentle, soap free wash  that is suitable for use on hair, face, hands and body.
 

This mild, soap free wash contains naturally soothing Aloe Vera, Green Tea Extract and New Zealand 16+ Active Manuka Honey to gently cleanse hair and skin without drying. Combined with a fragrant blend of balancing essential oils this foaming wash is designed to be used morning and night to cleanse and refresh the skin

Cleanse Me 4 in 1 Wash
Smells divine.

 Cleanse Me 4 in 1 Wash  £9.50

 

HAIR CHEATS

If time is really running short...
 
You can’t beat dry shampoo for a quick hair fix. The Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (£6.95, 01582 820165) has many famous fans, including Kirsten Dunst, Chloe Sevigny and Kate Moss. Quick and practical to use, it is one of the most effective dry shampoos, leaving hair feeling fresh and clean in seconds.

The 50ml is an ideal handbag size!
                                                        



Klorane Dry Shampoo £2.32 


FASTER BLOWDRYING.

I Love KMS FREE SHAPE quick blow dry spray. It has added thermal heat protectors, and the styling spray smooths your hair, whilst boosting shine. This innovative spray works by reducing drying time by up to 50%! Hair is easier to style and you get almost perfect salon looks every time.







Kms California Quick Blow Dry Spray £9.00

ALL OVER GLOW.

 

This Laura Mercier shimmer bloc is brilliant. I use it for a healthy glow, and a highlighter on my cheekbones. It looks pretty on eyes too!


Buy Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc Online at johnlewis.com
Golden Mosiac is my favourite shade.

               

Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc £31 at John Lewis.


FIVE MINUTES LEFT.

Slick of mascara, bit of lip gloss, and pop on your perfect WHITE TEE under leather jacket or blazer.................. and RUN!!


   


TOP NOTCH TEE.

If you have got the funds.........





T byAlexander Wang Classic Tee  £67



CASH STRUCK. Always!

Cos does a really good copy for £19, and good old Primark for less than £5.







 
                                                2nd Lines Assymetrical Zip Blazer by 2nd Day
2nd Day Assymetrical Zip Blazer £250



 ON A BUDGET. Aren't we all?

                                           Faux Leather Drape Jacket

Warehouse Faux Leather Jacket £55


                                       FINISHED.

           And still time to pick up my free Waitrose coffee!

                     
                        


 Time after Time Cyndi Lauper

                   


                                    
                      NOW LET'S JUST HOPE THE CAR STARTS?


                     


    

      

 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig